Here at Trailer Insurance (a trading style of Insurance Protector) we strive to provide all our customer with the best service possible, however, there may be an occasion where we haven’t fully met your expectations. If this is the case, we want to hear from you.
You can contact us by:
- Telephone – 0800 488 0013
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing – Compliance Manager, Insurance Protector, Quay House 1st Floor, The Waterfront, Level Street, Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 1XD
Where a complaint arises, we will, wherever possible, endeavour to resolve the matter by no later than the close of business the third working day following receipt. If this is not possible, to enable us to remedy the situation in a speedy and efficient manner, we have a documented, formal complaints procedure, details of which are shown below.
1) We will acknowledge your complaint promptly, to reassure you that we will be dealing with the issue as a matter of urgency, giving you the details of who will be handling the matter in our office, and details of the service of the Financial Ombudsman Service, where this applies.
2) In the event that your complaint relates to activities or services provided by another party, we will advise you of this in writing within five working days giving the reasons for our decision and ensure that your complaint is promptly forwarded to the appropriate party, in writing.
3) We will aim to make a final response to you as soon as is practicable, and keep you reasonably informed as to progress. We anticipate that we will be able to provide a substantive response to most complaints within eight weeks.
4) By the end of eight weeks from receipt of your complaint, we will issue you with our final response, or issue a response that gives the reasons for the delay and indicates when we will be able to provide a final response. If you are dissatisfied with our response, or the delay at this time, you will have a period of Six months in which you can refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service, whose details are shown below.
When we provide our final response letter, we will endeavour to ensure that we have taken into consideration any financial losses, or material inconvenience you may have suffered. If we do not feel that your complaint is justified, we will advise you of the reasons for our decision and we will also advise how you may pursue the complaint if you remain dissatisfied.
The Financial Ombudsman Service provides consumers with a free, independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms.
• The FOS Consumer Helpline is on 0800 023 4567 calls to this number are free on mobile phones and landlines or 0300 123 9123 calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers.
• Postal Address – Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No. 595853. Registration number 08365919 in England and Wales. Registered office: Quay House 1st Floor, The Waterfront, Level Street, Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 1XD.